Declared as one of the world’s most diverse and dense forests, Sibuyan Island is the sanctuary of 700 vascular plant species found on the island. The National Museum identified 1,551 trees in a single hectare, with 123 species of trees, and of this number, 54 of which are endemic to Sibuyan Island. Nepenthes Sibuyanensis, a pitcher plant species, is also endemic as its scientific name suggests. Its fauna collection is led by almost 131 species of birds with no less than 5 of which are endemic to the island.
Sibuyan Island has lived in isolation from the rest of the world since its birth. Never in its geological history has it ever been connected with any part of the Philippine archipelago. The Island of Sibuyan is also known for its unique intact chain of ecosystems with his endemic flora & fauna, dominated by the 2.058m high Mount Guiting-Guiting. Because of the steep slopes, much of its original forest remains untouched, and the rest is the island as we find it today. Primary forests cover 140 square kilometers, which is 33% of the land area of Sibuyan.
It’s highest peak, Mt. Guiting-Guiting is named from its saw tooth silhouette which holds to its bosoms endless streams of clean and flowing crystalline waters. The natural wonders are not only found on its peaks but also on its waterways and water falls. *The Cantingas River is the cleanest rivers in the Philippines. Nature walk of Dagubdob criss crosses to its series of waterfalls where one can always pose for a refreshing dip, to sum up, “Pure Nature” is what Sibuyan Island is all about.
Explore, experience Sibuyan Island.
Sibuyan Island : The Galapagos Island of Asia
22-26 June 2016
Rates & Conditions:
Net Rates, Per Person, In Philippine Pesos
Basic Package Inclusions:
- On land accommodation (Sanctuary Garden Resort ) in Sibuyan for 2 nights/ 3 days);
- Two Breakfast at Sanctuary Garden Resort;
- On Board ferry based on Air-conditioned tourist class inclusive of linen and insurance:
- Via MV Grand Unity/Navios: Batangas Port to Cajidiocan (Sibuyan)
- Via St.Anthony de Padua/2Go Travel : Romblon to Batangas Port
- Monoclass Ferry MV Querubin /Montenegro : Magdiwang (Sibuyan) to Romblon
- Land transfers Pier to resort and v.v in Sibuyan and Romblon;
- Sightseeing Tour using private transportation and services of local guide:
- Water ways and Falls of Sibuyan Island on 24 June
- Romblon Island Tour on 25 June
- Transfers to and from Batangas Port. Public bus schedule and fare available upon request.
- Meals not indicated. Please refer to the supplementary meal charges
- Expenses that are personal in nature