A singing competition that requires solo interpretation of Kundiman songs. To maintain its true form, musical accompaniment is limited only to a guitar (to be provided by the participant)
Date of Competition (Time to be advised):
High School / College Level – September 2, 2017
Requirements/Date of Submission:
|Requirements to qualify for the final round:||Final Date of Submission|
(Date of registration will be the basis of “first come first served” basis for the eight finalists)
|Only online registration will be accepted|
||15 July 2017|
Failure to submit the above requirements on or before the scheduled date is ground for cancellation of participation.
- Each performer shall render two (2) songs:
- One (1) Obligatory Piece to be provided by the organizer.
- One (1) Choice Piece of Kundiman song in any local dialect.
- Rendition of the Obligatory Piece must be accompanied by a guitarist. Both guitar and guitarist must be provided by each participating school.
- The performance should not exceed 8 minutes which include ascent and descent of the performers.
- The contestants are required to wear Filipino-inspired attire.
Criteria for Judging:
|Precision (pitch and rhythmic)||25%|
|Interpretation (musicality and expresiveness)||30%|
|Choice of Piece (difficulty)||10%|