August 10 , 2017– Elimination Rounds (PHILTOA Secretariat Office)
September 2, 2017 – Final Round (SMX Convention Center)
This competition tries to fill in the gap between the academe and industry. As part of capacity building of human resources, it provides the motivation for students to excel in school and foresee the application of his/her academic learnings to the reality of the industry requirement.
Who can Participate:
Open to all students, currently enrolled in Tourism or Hospitality courses of their school. Representation is by school/college. Participating student should at least be in second year of his/her course and have not been declared a champion in the previous tourism quiz bee.
- A maximum of 2 students shall be allowed to represent each participating school
- Questions shall pertain to the following:
A. Philippines as a Tourist Destination
– This will cover History, Geography and Heritage.
– Current Events with focus on ASEAN Integration.
B. Technical Aspects in Tourism as a Program
1. Transport Industry (air, land and sea)
2. Tour Operations
– Tour packaging/costing
– Tour/Itinerary planning
- Questions for the Semi-Final and Final Rounds shall be categorized as follows:
Level I (Easy), Level II (Average) and Level III (Difficult)
Note: Each participating student shall compete on an individual basis.